Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I have been coaxed into my offfice at home by children and grandchildren to watch videos on You Tube for some time now. A long-running family joke has even been posted, but it's just too "inside" to make any sense to anyone else. I have honestly never taken the time to do much browsing; except my annual search for the book cart drills from ALA. It always tickles me, so I decided to look for 2008 and see if I could include it in my blog.



I think I did this correctly. Another one of my favorites was one I found in 2007:


This is the "March of the Librarians" from ALA in Seattle. I have watched it many times and never fail to be amused.

I wish I had the talent and time and creative ability to use You Tube for some of the great possibilities it has. I enjoyed looking for new skills: tie dyeing, quilting tips, teaching research to a log; spending time late at night searching for old music videos is probably not very educational, but sure is nostalgic and relaxing and enjoyable.

This has been one more window into the enormous world of Library 2.0/Web 2.0. Does it excite me? Does it intimidate me? Does it make me feel old and slow?

No comments: